Not all warriors get their training at the hands of an instructor or in a warband – some get it in the streets. They travel light, trust in their wits as much as their strength, and prefer a quick, decisive strike to a prolonged battle.
Despite the name, not all thugs are mere hooligans – many are crafty veterans who use their knowledge of the streets to their advantage.
This is a base class and has 30 levels.
High Saves: Fort
Weapon proficiency: All simple and martial weapons.
Armor proficiency: Light armor.
Skill points: 4 + Int modifier
Class Skills: Bluff, Craft Armor, Craft Weapon, Intimidate, Heal, Lore, Parry, Sleight of Hand, Taunt, and Tumble.
|2||Sneak Attack +1d6|
|4||Sneak Attack +2d6|
|6||Sneak Attack +3d6, Skill Focus: Intimidate, Skill Focus: Taunt|
|8||Sneak Attack +4d6|
|10||Sneak Attack +5d6|
|12||Sneak Attack +6d6|
|14||Sneak Attack +7d6|
|16||Sneak Attack +8d6, Extraordinary Competence|
|18||Sneak Attack +9d6, Low Blow|
|20||Sneak Attack +10d6|
|22||Sneak Attack +11d6|
|23||Bonus Epic Feat|
|24||Sneak Attack +12d6|
|26||Sneak Attack +13d6, Bonus Epic Feat|
|28||Sneak Attack +14d6|
|29||Bonus Epic Feat|
|30||Sneak Attack +15d6|
- Cheap Shot: This feat allows the character to attempt a dirty combat tactic against the target, such as a knee capping, groin shot, throwing acid on a troll, ie whatever it takes.
Target must make a successful Fortitude Save against a DC equal to 10 + number of levels of Thug + Dexterity Modifier that the user has or suffer 1d6 + 1 points of physical damage per level of Thug and be stunned for 1 + 1 round for every 5 levels of Thug. Cheap Shot has a 10-second cooldown between uses.
- Shakedown Artist: A character with this feat will gain an additional gold bonus when defeating an enemy. The additional gold bonus will be 1% per level of Thug.
- Browbeat: Using your mastery of scare tactics and hard "persuasion", the target temporarily becomes a faithful and loyal servant of the Thug if the target fails a Will Save against a DC equal to 5 plus the number of levels of Thug + 1 for every 4 ranks of the Thug's total intimidate skill. This feat can be used three times per day. Note: This feat will not effect enemies that are plot, transition tied, or have custom on death scripts attached to them to avoid area progression issues.
- Extraordinary Competence: The Thug gains a bonus to all skills for each True Rogue or Thug Level attained.
- Low Blow: You have taken your dirty fighting skills to a whole new low level and have perfected the most tasteless tactics imaginable. This feat allows the character to attempt a supremely dirty combat tactic against the target, so dirty we won't mention it here. Target must make a successful Fortitude Save against a DC equal to 20 + number of levels of Thug + Dexterity Modifier that the user has or suffer 2d6 + 2 points of physical damage per level of Thug and be stunned for 2 + 1 round for every 5 levels of Thug. Low Blow has a 10-second cooldown between uses.